How many users can be on one license of Cherry Live Light?
- Currently we allow 3 users per license. If you’ve got a bunch of computers or a studio complex, feel free to contact us before purchasing and we can potentially set up a bulk rate for you.
Will you ever support non-Hue systems?
- At this time, we only support the Phillips Hue Smart Hub (or Bridge). However, any device that can be controlled via a Phillips Hue Smart Hub should be supported, including third-party smart plugs that are advertised to work with Phillips Hue. we are always keeping an eye on ways to expand! Feel free to contact us with a request. We will happily contact you if the bulbs you use become supported!
Can Cherry have different behaviors for Audio and MIDI recording?
- Unfortunately, Cherry can’t tell the difference between these, because DAW’s don’t advertise the difference to connected control surfaces. If you want more fine-tuned control over Cherry’s behavior, you can remove Cherry as a control surface, and instead send MIDI commands directly to the app using some other system (see the setup page).
Can Cherry have different behaviors for playback, recording, and standby?
- Not at this time. Some DAWs send this information to control surfaces, others do not. Because of this, we haven’t prioritized this feature for development.
Does Cherry come with support?
- Yes, you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I purchase once, will I get access to future versions?
- Your license will continue to work for new releases that have bugfixes or small features. Major new versions that have many new features may require you to upgrade in the future.
Is there a complete list of supported devices?
I have a vintage “Recording” light, “On Air” light, or “Live” light, can I use it with Cherry!
- Absolutely! You have two options:
- Install a supported Phillips Hue Light (along with a Hub) in your lamp, and your vintage light will be brought into the future! Consider trying the Hue Edison Bulb to keep that vintage look.
- Keep your light always switched on, but use a supported smart plug to plug your light into the wall and control power to it. We like the Phillips Hue Smart Plug, or check list above for more options. This will allow you to keep your light exactly as-is and still use it with Cherry!